Cuisine : American
Prep Time : 30 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
Traditional Pan-Fried Abalone
- 4 pcs Abalones
- 1.5 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 pcs eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Slice the abalone into 1/4 inch thick pieces, making sure to trim off any meat that is not white, as this part tends to be very tough.
- Place the sliced abalone on a cutting board, and pound with a meat tenderizer until pliable.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, horseradish, and lime juice to make a cocktail sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Dip the abalone in egg, then place in the bag with the crumbs and shake to coat.
- Fry coated abalone for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place on a platter, and garnish with lime slices and parsley. Serve with the cocktail sauce for dipping.