Cuisine : Japanese
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 25 mins
Crispy Salmon with turnip, mandarin & noodle salad
- 2 pcs of salmon
- 100 g buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp stem ginger syrup plus one ball (finely chopped)
- 1 heaped tbsp sesame seeds (black, white or a mixture)
- 3 mandarins or clemantines (2 peeled and finely sliced, 1 juiced)
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions (finely shredded into matchsticks)
- 4 baby turnips
- 50 g Chinese cabbage (finely shredded)
- Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, heat the grill. Mix together 1 tsp sesame oil with 1 tsp ginger syrup and brush over the salmon fillets. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds to stick, then grill for 5-8 mins until just cooked through.
- Whisk together the remaining sesame oil and ginger syrup with the mandarin juice and white wine vinegar. Toss this dressing through the noodles to coat, then season.
- Scatter over the chopped ginger, spring onions, turnips, cabbage and mandarin slices, and toss once more to combine. Divide between two plates and top with the salmon to serve.
Try our delicious Whole Wild Norwegian Salmon, click the link below to order now: