Cuisine : Japanese
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Japanese Style Teriyaki Salmon With Pak Choi
- 2 Salmon Fish Fillet
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- brown rice or noodles (to serve (optional)
- 2 large Pak Choi
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves (grated)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (for sprinkling)
- Heat oven to 200C and put the salmon in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix the sweet chilli, honey, sesame oil, mirin, soy and ginger in a small bowl and pour over the salmon so the steaks are completely covered.
- Bake for 10 mins while you cook the pak choi.
- Cut a slice across the base of the pak choi so the leaves separate. Heat the oils in a wok, add the garlic and stir-fry briefly to soften.
- Add the pak choi and fry until the leaves start to wilt. Pour over the stock, tightly cover the pan and allow to cook for 5 mins – you are aiming for the stems of the pak choi to be tender but still have a bit of bite.
- Serve the pak choi in shallow bowls, top with the salmon steaks and spoon over the juices. Scatter with the toasted sesame seeds and serve on its own or with brown rice or noodles.
Try our delicious Whole Wild Norwegian Salmon, click the link below to order now: