Cuisine : Chinese
Prep Time : 25 mins
Cook Time : 25 mins
Total Time : 50 mins
Chinese Style Oil & Salted Mud Crab Recipe
- 2 Mud Crabs
- 1 pack of Coarse Salt
- 1 tbsp All Spice
- 2 Green Onions
- 4 pieces of Ginger
- 1 tbsp of Shaoxing Wine
- Clean the Mud Crab with water, do not untie the rope. Put the crab into a coma by putting it inside the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in the pot, first sauté the dried shallots and ginger slices, then add the spiced powder to the fragrant, pour in the coarse salt and mix well. Slowly stir the salt for about 3 minutes with medium heat.
- Put the Mud Crab into the pot with the belly up and pour salt all over the Mud Crab. (Do not disassemble the straw rope attached to the crab when cooking. Because the crab will struggle during the cooking process, the crab meat will shrink and affect the texture of the crab meat).
- Cover and cook with a small fire for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and pour the wine along the pot. Then cover the lid immediately and continue to cook with a small fire for 5 minutes.
- Open the cover and serve.
Try our delicious Live Macau Mud Crab, click the link below to order now: