Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Chinese Style Lobster With Noodles
- 1 Lobsters
- ½ lb fresh Chinese egg noodles or other thin fresh egg noodles
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ¼ lb mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh coriander
- Bring the water to boil and steam the lobsters 10 minutes.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the shells and dice it.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add noodles and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to keep them separated. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain them again. Place them in a colander lined with a paper towel to reduce moisture.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or a large skillet. Add the onions and saute until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and saute until they wilt. Add the garlic and all but one tablespoon of the scallions and saute briefly.
- Add the lobster meat, then add the noodles to the pan and mix well. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar and toss to combine all the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with coriander, toss again, then transfer to a warm serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve.