Cuisine : Chinese
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 5 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Chinese Steamed Razor Clams with Sizzling Garlic
- 24pcs of Razor Clams (live and free of sand)
- 100 ml Rice wine (you can use any strong liquor such as whiskey to replace this)
- 5 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: coriander (spring onion, chopped)
- Prepare your steamer: either a wok or a big pot with about 5 bowls of water and a steamer rack for your plate, cover and bring to boil.
- Place your clams in your steamer plate, add rice wine, salt and pepper, light soy sauce.
- Heat a pan in the meantime. Pour in your oil and when it is hot, stir-fry your garlic and add a bit of salt. When it is golden brown, open your steamer and put your clams in (about 6 minutes into steaming).
- Take plate out of your steamer and garnish with coriander and spring onions.