Cuisine : Cantonese
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 5 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Cantonese Style Steamed Abalone
- 8 pcs Live Abalone
- 1 pc thumb-size ginger (cut into thin matchsticks)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pc stalk scallion (julienned)
- 1 pc red chilli (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Clean the abalones and arrange evenly on the plate. Put ginger, garlic and chilli on top of each abalone.
- Boiling hot water In a stockpot and steam the abalone for 3-5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add in the scallion and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Remove from heat.
- Pour over the hot oil on each of the steamed abalone. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.