Cuisine : American
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 5 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
American Grilled Whole Lobster
- 1 pc whole lobster
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground pepper (grinding it fresh onto the lobster will make a huge difference)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (optional)
- Drop the lobster in a pot of boiling water, remove after 5 minutes and shock in an ice bath to stop it from cooking any further(Parboil the lobster so you don’t end up with a nicely grilled outside and raw inside)
- Slice the lobster lengthwise all the way through into two halves. Clean out the green stuff from the body. Cut small slits in the claws to vent while cooking.
- Brush the exposed meat with a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice, a little salt and freshly ground pepper, and if you want, some minced garlic.
- Clean and lightly oil the grill and get your coals at medium heat. Lay the lobster flesh side down and cook for about 5 minutes. Then turn it over, brush on more lemon butter, and cook shell side down for another five minutes. When finished the meat should be firm and opaque all the way through.
- Serve with more lemon butter on the side.